1.1 Definitions and Acronyms1. AADHAAR – Brand name associated with UIDAI.
2. Authority – Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
3. Biometric Data – refers to the facial image, iris scan and fingerprints collected by the
Enrolment Agency from the enrolees based on the standards prescribed by the UIDAI and
by following the process laid down for the purpose. The data collected is passed on to the
UIDAI as per the process prescribed.
4. CIDR: Central Identities Data Repository
5. CSC – Common Service Centres operating as franchisees of Service Center Agency
(SCA) within a State, as part of the CSC Scheme of the National E-Governance Plan of
6. DDSVP – Demographic Data Standards and Verification Procedure.
7. De-duplication – the process of using the Demographic and Biometric data collected
from an enrolee to check against data so as to avoid duplicate enrolments.
8. Demographic Data – refers to the personal information collected or verified by the
Enrolling Agency based on the data fields prescribed by the UIDAI and by following the
process laid down for the purpose. The data collected is passed on to the UIDAI as per the
9. DIT – Department of Information Technology.
10. Enhancement / Upgrade – refers to request for upgrade of Technical & Financial status
of existing empanelled Agencies based on their technical and financial capacities.
11. Enrolling Agency/ Enrolment Agency – The Agency appointed by the Registrar for
collection of the Demographic and Biometric data in the area assigned by the Registrar.
12. Enrolment – refers to the exercise of collection of demographic data after verification,
collection of biometrics, and the allocation of the UID number after de-duplication.
13. Successful Enrolment – Enrolment that results in Aadhaar number generation
14. Enrolment Centre – refers to the premises located in the area where the enrolment is
being carried out. One Enrolment Centre can host multiple Enrolment Stations.
15. Enrolment Station – refers to an individual enrolment booth/enclosure inside the
Enrolment Centre. The capture of Demographic and Biometric data is done in this
16. KYC – Know Your Customer.
17. KYR – Know Your Resident.
18. KYR+ - details for Verification beyond identification (KYR)
19. Financial Year – From April1st to March 31st
20. Manual – Resident Enrolment Process Document
21. MoU – Memorandum of Understanding.
22. NGO – Non Government Organization.
23. NPR – National Population register.
24. Operator – the person employed by the Enrolment Agency and engaged in the capture of
Demographic and Biometric Data.
25. Supervisor – the person employed by the Enrolment Agency and engaged in managing
the Enrolment Center Operations and handling exceptions.
26. ORGI – Office of Registrar General of India.
27. PoA – Proof of Address.
28. PoI – Proof of Identity.
29. Registrar – Any Organization / Department/Local Body / Corporate Body / NGO with
whom the UIDAI has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding for covering issues
related to the implementation of the UID Project.
30. Renewal: Renewal of empanelment of existing empanelled EAs.
31. Resident – Normal resident of India.
32. RFP – Request for Proposal.
33. RFQ – Request for Quotation.
34. UID – Unique Identification.
35. UIDAI – Unique Identification Authority of India.